Lunes, Hulyo 18, 2016

Iloilo: From Past to Present



Iloilo: From Past to Present

When I was a kid, I'm really fond of seeing some old pictures or photographs of old and European inspired buildings in some magazines, books and articles. How I wish I could see some of them in reality. I remember that my father would always bring me and my twin sister to my Mother's workplace which is located at the downtown area of the city. I can vividly recall how I was amazed by the building I’ve seen especially along the streets of Calle Real. Though others may seem like they don’t recognize the building's design and structure, but we really appreciate it. My Tatay and Nanay (Father and Mother) has told us the brief history of how Iloilo had those beautiful buildings. The dream of seeing those buildings which I’ve seen in the magazines, books and articles when I was a kid, has come to reality when  I passed along the streets of Calle Real   today.
Iloilo was once the center of business and the most progressive city next to Manila. It was the favorite city of the Queen of Spain and it also became her home in the Philippines. By then, the queen called the street as "Calle Real" and Iloilo City as the "Queen's City of the South" due to Iloilo's progressiveness during the Spanish era.
While my sister and I felt the joy and pleasure brought by seeing those buildings, I caught myself thinking of the scenarios back in the Spanish time where the City of Love is still progressive. I also thought that I hope someday, Iloilo would once again show its glory. My twin sister once told me that she hopes to see the local government paying attention in renovating and preserving the buildings that once showed the glory and the richness of Iloilo.
Today, the local government of the province has allotted a fund in preserving those buildings. It really feels so good to see the beauty of those buildings and when I happen to pass by that street, it suddenly came to my mind that it was the old and classical version of one of the longest shop-and-dine street in the Philippines, the Festive Walk Promenade of the Iloilo Business Park today.
For years that Iloilo has been quiet in terms of business and in developing infrastructure, the city has now became the center of business and the number one target for development in the Philippines.
There is no surprise that Iloilo is booming again by making a name of itself as the center of economic development. In remembering the city's colorful history, culture and ecological resources, Iloilo is now recreating the progressive, rich and colorful past today. And now, Iloilo is showcasing its treasured historical buildings, captivating natural landscape, cultural tradition, rich heritage, and colorful festival celebration. That's why, International travelers and investors who came to visit and invest often discover that all the best reasons why they should visit and invest in the Philippines should be in Iloilo.






Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento